The Women’s Business Development Center of Florida (hereinafter “the Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of Company users, and strives to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Privacy Statement sets forth the online data collection and usage policies and practices that apply to this website. It does not apply to information we collect in any other fashion.
By clicking the “Accept”
button during registration, or by using this site, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, the collection, use, and transfer of the personal information provided by you in the manner described in this statement. Please read this statement carefully as it affects a user’s rights and liabilities under the law. If you disagree with the way the Company collects and processes personal information collected on the website, we recommend that you do not use this website.
Scope of this Policy
This statement applies to www.womensbusiness.info
(the “Site” or Sites”), which is owned by the Company. It is Company policy to comply with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to a user and grants you various rights in respect of a user’s personal data.
The Site may contain links to other websites over which we have no control. Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use, and share a user’s information.
Information collected and Retained
Company collects the following personal information used to identify a user, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally along with credit/debit card information for payment. Company does not collect personal information unless a user chooses to provide it to Company. Some examples of personal information that Company collects for the services it renders are:
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit/Debit card number
- Contact information
- Billing information
Demographic information may be collected as well. Demographic information is information that is not unique to you in the sense that it refers to selected population characteristics, such as a the user’s ZIP code or postal code, age, preferences, gender, race or ethnicity, occupation, career history, interests and favorites.
How information is used
Company uses the information it gathers on the website for the purposes of providing our events and annual giving campaigns, responding to any queries users may have, operating and improving the website, fostering a positive user experience, and delivering the products and services that Company offers users. Company’s service is the entertaining transportation of users to and from nightclubs at strategically selected locations. .
By registering with Company or expressly opting in when presented with choices, a user has consented for Company to use your information, subject to local law, in the following ways:
- To create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us;
- To contact you about Company updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- To provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as announcements;
- To inform you of other products or services available from Company or its affiliates (“Affiliates” means entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Company);
- To enable users to provide feedback, to contact Company, and for Company to respond to users;
- To conduct surveys, questionnaires, promotions and contests, and to provide the results thereof such as success stories and contest winners;
- To generate internal reports about the use of Company’s site; and
- To provide ‘forward to a friend’ features.
By users providing personal information for inclusion in Company’s database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described herein. Company will takes measures to safeguard information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties.
Disclosure of information to others
Company may disclose to third parties within user’s country and abroad user’s personal information, combined personal, or demographic as set forth below.
1. Company may share user information with third parties who help Company in the delivery of Company’s own products and services to user. Company discloses information to companies and individuals Company employs to perform functions on its behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals may be located in a country whose data protection legislation is different from a user’s country, and they will have access to user’s personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. Company will remain the data controller and be responsible for any information shared in this way.
2. Company may disclose such information to third parties if a user consents to such disclosure. For example, if a user indicates by selecting in his/her registration that he/she would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties, Company will supply user’s contact information to select third parties for the purpose of sending the user an e-mail or otherwise communicating with the user. Company will use the data Company has about the user to determine whether the user might be interested in the other opportunities, products, or services of a particular third party or Company.
Company may also share aggregated anonymous information about users of the Site with Company’s clients, partners, other Company visitors, and other third parties so that it can understand the kinds of users who visit the Site and how those users use the Site.
3. Company will disclose information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if Company believes in good faith – after considering the user’s privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public. Because Company is a US company and information collected on its Site is stored in whole or in part in the United States, the user’s information may become subject to U.S. law.
4. Company may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of Company's business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a substantial portion of Company’s assets. Additionally, in the event Company becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, Company or its liquidator, administrator, receiver, or administrative receiver may sell, license, or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. The user will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of Company’s business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the Sites.
Again, in each of these situations, the recipients of the user’s data may potentially be located in any country in the world. If the user is a resident in any EU member state, for example, the user must be aware that the EU authorities do not generally consider the regulations of non-EU countries ensure an adequate or equivalent level of protection as compared to the EU data protection regulations.
Changes to Privacy Statement
If Company decides to change the substance of Company’s Privacy Statement for Company, Company will, where required, contact the user via the email address that the user maintains in his/her profile. Company will also post those changes through a prominent notice on the Site so that the user will always know what information Company gathers, how Company might use that information, and to whom Company will disclose it.
Legal and Contact Information
The user’s data is submitted to Company and is hosted and stored in a database on servers situated in the United States owned and maintained by Women’s Business Development Center, Inc., a Florida corporation, whose principal place of business is at 13155 SW 134 Street, Miami, FL 33186, USA. Women’s Business Development Center, Inc., a Florida corporation, whose principal place of business is at 13155 SW 134 Street, Miami, FL 33186, USA, is the legal entity determining the purposes and means of processing the information gathered at the Site and is the data controller of all data stored in the Company’s database. All information collected is PCI compliant. For information on PCI compliance, please visit https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/.
*Cookies: Company uses "cookies" to help personalize and maximize a user’s online experience and time online. A cookie is a text file that is either stored in a user’s computer’s memory temporarily (e.g. a “session” cookie) or placed on in a user’s hard drive (a “persistent” cookie) by a webpage server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to a user’s computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to a user’s computer and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to a user.
Company also allows other companies to display advertisements to a user while a user is visiting Company’s Site. Because a user’s web browser must request these advertisements from the other companies’ servers, these companies can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if a user had requested a webpage from their site. Company has no control over, and is not responsible for, the practices of those third party advertisers. Company encourages a user to review the policies of such advertisers. (A user will find additional information about the following third party ad servers at www.doubleclick.com and www.atlassolutions.com/privacy. Company uses other third party ad servers as well; a way to opt out of third party cookies is to modify a user’s browser settings to decline cookies.)
A user has the ability to accept or decline cookies at any time by modifying a user’s browser settings. If a user chooses to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact a user’s experience on the website.
*Web Beacons: Company webpages may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that allow Company to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are not used to access a user’s personally identifiable information on Company; they are a technique Company uses to compile aggregated statistics about Company’s website usage. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides.
Because Web beacons are the same as any other content request included in the recipe page, a user cannot opt out or refuse them. However, they can be rendered ineffective by either opting out of cookies or changing the cookie setup in a user’s browser.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
How to Contact Us
If, at any time, the user has questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or believes that Company has not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please feel free to email Company at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at:
Women’s Business Development Center of Florida, Inc.
13155 SW 134 Street
Miami, FL 33186
Company will use reasonable efforts to answer promptly the user questions or resolve the user problems. If the user feels Company has not properly addressed the user’s questions, the user may contact.
Thank you for working with Women’s Business Development Center of Florida.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, VOLUNTARY ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND WAIVER OF CLAIM AGREEMENT
By attending one of the Women’s Business Development Center of Florida’s (“Company”) events, each and every user (“Patron”) agrees to this RELEASE OF LIABILITY, VOLUNTARY ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND WAIVER OF CLAIM AGREEMENT (“Agreement”). Patron has voluntarily entered into this Agreement and Patron understands that this Agreement is a general release barring Patron, his executors, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns from bringing any claim for personal injury and/or death which is in any way related to participation in the Company program as well as related events; and WHEREAS, Patron knows his/her own capabilities and limitations; and NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of being permitted to use Company’s transportation service, Patron expressly and freely agrees as follows:
1. To ASSUME ALL RISK of serious personal injury and/or death arising from participation at the Company’s event(s).
2. To WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that Patron now or in the future may have against Company, and its associated sponsors, officers, agents, employees, directors, volunteers, consultants, shareholders, affiliated entities, parent entities, and subsidiaries, for any and all loss, damage, injury or expense that Patron may suffer, or that Patron’s next of kin may suffer, as a result of Patron’s participation, due to any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to, negligence on the part of Company and any of each of their officers, sponsors, agents, employees, directors, volunteers, consultants, shareholders affiliated entities, parent entities, subsidiaries, and any entity or person(s) hired to perform any function with respect to Company and the owners of the location housing the event.
3. To RELEASE FROM LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS COMPANY, and its officers, sponsors, agents, employees, directors, shareholders, affiliated entities, any parent entities or subsidiaries from any and all loss, damage, injury or expense that Patron may suffer, or that Patron’s next of kin may suffer, as a result of Patron’s participating at Company’s event(s), due to any cause whatsoever, including, but not limited to, NEGLIGENCE OR FAULT on the part of Company and its officers, sponsors, agents, employees, directors, shareholders, affiliated entities, parent entities, subsidiaries, volunteers and any entity or person(s) hired to perform any function with respect to Company’s event(s).
4. That Patron is 18 years old or older at the time of signing.
5. That Patron is in good health and has no physical condition that would prevent Patron from participating at Company’s event.
6. To Severability and Choice of Law and Forum: Please refer section in Conditions of Use.